Terms of Service
This TOS applies to artwork commissioned from me and not for the online store. Please see the FAQ for information on store purchases.
Payment is conducted through paypal using invoices. Payments are expected in full within 72hrs of invoice arrival, unless otherwise discussed. Payments not made within that time frame will be cancelled.
While there are ranges shown on this website all prices may change based on the complexity of your idea, or the way in which the image is going to be used. In order to get an accurate idea of what your commission will cost please email me first to discuss and gather a quote. All quotes will be honored for 30 days. If 30 days have lapsed between receiving a quote and payment you may need to apply for a new one as rates may have changed. Quotes are not an agreement of payment, just a frame of reference for the client and their budget. You are under no obligation to commission me just because I have provided a quote. Comfortably stick to what your budget allows!
Projects are usually completed within 2-3 weeks of payment. Some projects may take longer than others based on complexity. Large projects may take up to a month to complete. All projects may experience delays if there is a lack of contact, a large number of changes that need to be made, or unseen circumstances. If there is going to be a delay beyond control (such as delays for illness, emergencies, etc) the customer will be notified asap. Due to the nature of how I take commissions convention deadlines cannot be honored unless slots are specifically designated for a con beforehand. The customer will receive a tracking number for their package once the label is created. If the customer elects not to have the item shipped, or the item is not eligible for shipping a digital file will be sent via email.
Works in Progress (WIP)
There are a few steps offered as WIP so the client can be comfortable with their commission. Not all steps will apply to your commission. For example: smaller commissions, such as headshots and simple badges, only the Sketch and Finished stages will be shown. Artistic freedom commission will also not follow this formula. All commissions $150 and over will receive a WIP sketch stage by default.
- Thumbnail Stage – A very rough idea will be jotted down to see if the client likes the pose / idea / direction
- Sketch Stage WIP – I will show you a (digital) cleaned up sketch and you can request any changes you’d like. I will redraw the image completely one time if needed and make small corrections up to three times. Any more changes than this will add an additional fee of $5 per iteration. It is suggested you take your time with the sketch stage to make sure everything looks good and you catch all changes! Any complete re-draws beyond the first will be an added $75+ depending on complexity.
- Finished Image – This is the final painted / colored / shaded image of your badge. Artistic error (such as an incorrect color or missing a marking present in the ref sheet) will be changed for free upon customer request. Large changes to the image that were not present on the references given, not caught in the sketch state, or not in the original description may be honored with an additional fee per change depending on complexity.
Please note: If you have a specific idea in mind it helps to be as clear as you can before work begins. Please provide references that all have correct markings and features for the best results. Confusing references and directions can lead to multiple changes later on in the process that will delay the artwork. If you wish to see any stages in between the sketch and finished images (such as flat colors) please let me know ahead of time as they are not offered by default.
Refunds will be given based on the work already completed. You are paying for the work, research, time, and effort that goes into your commission.
If the client wishes to request a refund before work is finished the refund will be assessed based on how much work is already completed. Due to the custom nature of certain commission WIPs cannot be resold as YCH and thus you will receive whatever work has been completed already along with your partial refund. If your commission is simple enough to be used as a YCH and resold a full refund can be discussed, but this is at the discretion of the artist.
- 0% work complete = 100% refund
- Sketch complete = 50% refund
- Inking complete = 30% refund
- 100% work complete = Only shipping will be refunded (if paid for)*
Note: If the item is shipped and becomes lost in the mail or damaged a second copy can be sent free of charge. If the item is returned due to incorrect address at fault of the client, the client may have it shipped again for the cost of Shipping and Handling. Please let me know if you would like any shipping additions (such as insurance or signature confirmation) before paying your invoice as it will raise the cost of shipping.
If you would like to receive a refund please contact me directly to work out your return.
If I (the artist) cancel the commission before completion for any reason a full refund will be offered.
Digital Commission will not be shipped to the client. Agreement to the TOS means that you will not, after the image is complete, approved and delivered through email, attempt to apply a charge-back to the artist’s Paypal account. If you require a refund please contact the artist directly to allow partial or full refunds to be assessed and returned.
*If you are in any way unhappy with your commission once it is complete please let me know within 14 days so we can work something out. Oftentimes I will be willing to make changes for an additional fee (free if they are small enough), or give small refund or addition if a change isn’t possible (such as in traditional work). My goal is for you to be happy with what you paid for, so if you are not please reach out!
These are meant as a reference for small-projects. Contracts will be negotiated with larger clients and longer-term projects.
- I (the artist) retain full copyright to all images I create unless otherwise specified in a signed agreement. I retain the right to post images in any of my galleries, reproduce the image for sale online or at conventions, or otherwise use the image commercially as prints, in CDs, in art collection books, etc. Rights to the original characters remain with their owners, where trademarked.
- You (the client) will receive the rights to post the image wherever you please for personal non-commercial non-profit purposes.
- Reprint rights are limited to very small quantities for personal use (Ex: You may print the artwork for use as a badge, a single print or poster for your home, a personal tattoo for your body, a very small 1-5 set of stickers, etc).
- You do not have the right to mass produce and hand out the artwork for free (Ex: stickers or business cards) without displaying proper and prominent credit on each item distributed. If you wish to mass produce my artwork to hand out for free you must first contact me and gain written permission and allow me to approve the credit.
- You have the right to edit the artwork by cropping and resizing for personal use as icons, backgrounds, twitter banners, etc. Any large additions or changes made to the artwork that are not by the original artist must be noted in any posting of the image and displayed prominently. Alternatively, you are free at any time to request updates to the artwork from the original artist for a reasonable fee based on the amount of changes made and their complexity.
If you have any questions about what you can or cannot do with the artwork please feel free to contact me! If you would like to purchase distribution or other rights please let me know.
Note: If you contact me for a professional project (Film, Advertisement, Book Illustrations, Shirt Designs, Artwork to be sold commercially, etc) including full use rights to my artwork please keep in mind I charge professional prices for those jobs. This can include extra pricing for the rights as well as potential royalties for sales made on my work. For an example of these types of prices please make note of this usage calculator: http://www.gettyimages.com/pricecal.....10069475ab-001 to calculate the rights of the image (which exclude labor costs). If you do not state your project is for professional use and pay the licensing fees required it is assumed that you are only purchasing my time and are limited by the rights in this TOS. You may purchase the licensing fees to any work created by contacting me to discuss a price and contract.